Matters relating to the Rules of Golf are the responsibility of the HG Championships Committee (CC), under the leadership of the Director of Championships.
Its activity includes:
- promoting the knowledge and understanding of the Rules of Golf throughout Hertfordshire clubs and amongst competitors in HG events
- producing a Hard Card at the start of each season, setting out the Local Rules that will apply to all HG events produces during the year. (This is likely to be closely aligned with the England Golf Hard Card for that season)
- working towards the target of having at least one person with an accredited knowledge of the Rules in every Hertfordshire club
- staging Rules Roadshows around the county to provide the opportunity for all HG affiliated members to learn about the Rules through practical demonstrations and discussion
- managing a team of qualified referees who officiate at all HG events
Club officials may submit Rules queries to the County Secretary who will reply with the help of the members of the Committee
Clubs are also encouraged to seek HG advice regarding their own Local Rules whenever necessary
HG Rules Accreditation will be awarded to any affiliated member who attends a Rules Roadshow and subsequently score over 90% in the R&A online Level 1 Rules exam
All HG referees have attained an R&A Level 2 qualification. Some have achieved Level 3 qualification. The CC ensures that referee qualifications are revalidated as required and upgraded when appropriate. Potential new referees are advised regarding the process for obtaining the relevant qualification and invited to shadow current referees at HG events.
For Rules of Golf queries or Local Rules queries please contact the County Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org.